Carter Creek is located about 30 miles from Evanston, WY in national forest land of the Uinta Mountains at an elevation of 9500ft. Due to this high elevation, temperatures can be significantly different from temperatures at Hill AFB. They range from 60s to 70s during the day and can drop to below freezing at night, especially during September and October. Snow storms can also occur anytime during the Fall – Spring months. Reservations can be made for anyone living less than 50 miles away from Hill AFB. For reservation information, please call Outdoor Recreation at (801) 777-9666 or (801) 777-3525. The camp is open 7 days a week from July 1st to October 31st.
Cabins, Camp Trailers, RV Pads, and Tent Sites
The Campground has:
- Five (5) One-Bedroom Cabins: $70.00 per night. Equipped with a refrigerator, stove, sink with hot and cold running water, microwave, heater, dining room table with five chairs, one double bed, one single bed and one set of bunk beds. Maximum of 5 people per cabin.
- One (1) Two-Bedroom Cabin: $80.00 per night. Equipped with a refrigerator, stove, sink with hot and cold running water, microwave, heater, dining room table with seven chairs, two double beds, one single bed and one set of bunk beds. Maximum of 7 people.
- One (1) Large Cabin (with a private bathroom): $100.00 per night. Equipped with a refrigerator, stove, sink with hot and cold running water, microwave, heater, dining room table with six chairs, shower, restroom, two double beds and one set of bunk beds. Maximum of 6 people.
- Four (4) 27′ Trailers: $95.00 per night. Equipped with a stove, sink, refrigerator, microwave, self-contained, and a shower. Maximum of 5 people per trailer.
- Four (4) RV Pads: $20.00 per night. Pads that will hold up to a 30’ camper. They have water and electric hookups but NO dump station.
- Three (3) Tent Sites: $15.00 per night. Tent sites can hold 2 tents or 6 people each.
Outdoor Rec Hours
Mon – Thu
0800 – 1700
0800 – 1800
Saturday & Sunday
Closed all Federal Holidays.
Limited open hours the 2nd Wed of every month for training.
Outdoor Rec Phone
Outdoor Rec Address
7526 Balmer Ave., Bldg. 805
How are we doing?
Fill out a survey on Outdoor Recreation here.