Employment readiness supports service members, civilians and family members achieve both short and long-term employment by providing job search assistance and referral services for employment opportunities.
- Services focus on:
- Transitional career counseling
- Further education
- Job search, interviewing, and dressing for success
- Federal and general resume reviews
- Fundamentals of salary negotiation
- Evaluating job offers
Additional services for military spouses include:
- Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO): The Department of Defense Spouse Education and Career Opportunities program provides education and career guidance to military spouses worldwide and offers comprehensive resources and tools for all stages of your career progression.
- Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP): Embedded with SECO, MSEP allows military spouses to search for jobs from thousands of employers who are dedicated to recruit, train, hire, promote and retain military spouses.
- Military One Source: Whether you are a service member thinking about a college degree, a military spouse wanting to connect with a network of military-friendly employers, or a parent hoping for a smooth school transition for your child, Military OneSource offers practical information and resources for pursuing education goals and achieving career aspirations.
- My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA): The MyCAA Scholarship is a workforce development program that provides up to $4,000 of tuition assistance to eligible military spouses. The scholarship helps with licenses, certificates, certifications or associate degrees necessary to gain employment in high demand and portable career fields.
- Air Force Aid Society (AFAS) Spouse Employment Grant: Each year, the Air Force Aid Society in partnership with the Airman & Family Readiness Center provides scholarship grant opportunities to a select number of military spouses to earn certifications in portable careers. Previous opportunities include Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Phlebotomy, and Paralegal. Information and applications are made available in late February. Please call the Airman & Family Readiness Center for more information at (801) 777-4681.
Mon & Tues
0730 – 1630
0730 – 1330
Thu & Fri
0730 – 1330
Sat & Sun
Closed AFMC Family Days and all Federal Holidays.
5837 D Ave., Bldg. 150