Hill AFB Youth Sports Program Mission is to teach the basic skills which young people need to play various youth sports in a safe and nurturing environment, where all children receive an equal chance to participate, regardless of skill level.
Start Smart is a program created by NAYS (National Alliance for Youth Sports) — Prepares children ages 3-4 for organized sports in a FUN, non-threatening environment
Jr. NBA Basketball Ages 3-13 years old
Baseball & T-Ball Ages 3-13 years old
Soccer Ages 3-13 years old
NFL Flag Football Ages 7-13 years old
Additional Sports Programs and Activities: MLB Pitch, Hit & Run America’s Kids Fun Run NFL Punt, Pass & Kick
PROGRAM PHILOSOPHY: Hill Air Force Base has established an excellent approach to encourage a wide variety of desired outcomes to occur through participation in our Youth Sports programs. These fundamental goals include:
- Develop positive personal, social, and psychological skills.
- Obtain enjoyment through recreation
- Develop physical fitness and self- worth
- Develop the physical skills to enhance the likelihood of participation in physical activities throughout life
- Learn and develop the rules and strategies of an organized team, and individual sports
- Develop respect for rules as a facilitator of safe and fair competition
- Promote sports as an alternative to drug, alcohol, and tobacco use as a way to recreate, escape from reality or enhance performance
- Promote interaction with positive role models and other children